Sunday, January 3, 2010

1,2,3, Here We Go!

So, the first three days of the year, and I am already in 3 movies deep. We watched "Julie and Julia" with my parents. I am a total foodie, so this movie appealed to me. I have to say, it was quite amusing. Meryl Streep is good in pretty much everything she does, and she did not fail to impress me as the gangly and sharp-witted Julia Child. I was almost inspired to cook my way through "Mastering the Art of French Cooking," however, I figured that would sabatoge the weight loss that I have worked so hard to achieve.

The next movie we watched was "Seven Pounds" with Will Smith. It was certainly not the feel good movie of the year, although it caused me to ponder the situation that Ben was in. I can't imagine having the lives of seven people on my conscience. Nor can I imagine death by leathal jellyfish sting. The romance between Ben and Emily was touching, but somewhat typical. I felt that the plot was a bit jumbled in chronology and development, and the ending left me feeling depressed and unfulfilled. Still, the performances were convincing and heartfelt. I would say it might be worth a second watch.

27 Dresses, this one was all for me. I can't step out of my box for too long. I won't bore you with any summary. Just know that it was the traditional chick flick. There was the love quadrilateral. Guy pursues girl. loses girl, gets girl in the end. It was everything I had hoped and more.

Rich and I went to Blockbuster and bought the next five movies for my venture. I picked three and he picked two. Look out for "Revolutionary Road," the reuniting of the duo of Kate and Leo that set my teenage heart afire in "Titanic," which I saw SEVEN times in the theater. Also on the docket, "Changeling", "Frost/Nixon","Rachael Getting Married", and "The Wrestler."

No comments:

Post a Comment